Friday, May 9, 2014

One Year

One year ago today we lost our Buddy Rabbit. 

I never thought I'd be the guy that remembers the passing of a pet. I thought I was tougher than that. Maybe it's age. Maybe it's that I'm getting closer to the time when I'll have to face my own mortality. Maybe I'm just losing what little sanity I had. 

I haven't thrown out his toys or his bed that he used upstairs while I worked on the computer. I have Buddy's pictures on my computer as the screen saver.  I've never had the heart to change it. 

I added the new bunnies' pictures to the slide show, but I still get choked up when Buddy appears on screen. I must admit that I still miss him so badly. 

Hubby is confused on the date. I didn't have the energy to convince him that he mixed up Linc's birthday with Buddy's death day, but I'm more of a stickler for dates. 

So today marks a year without him, but he's in my heart every day. 

7 comments:

  1. It's so hard when one of our beloved pets leaves us. He was a very handsome boy, and I can see why you loved him. M is sending you HUGS. She understands what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a beautiful baby. He will always be with you in your hearts and the happy memories you have. Good thoughts being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Was rather blue today. Just had to put feelings into words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Was rather blue today. Just had to put feelings into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. RIP Buddy. I'm sure you are in spirit playing with Lady Linc and Jack, and being around your lovely dads x

    ReplyDelete