Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Spring Day


My mind is totally blank as I stare at the computer screen. I’d like to write something for the blog, but I’m at a loss for words right now.

I’d like to say something about how happy I am to be alive on these warm spring days; to say how refreshing it is to wake up to a brisk chill in the air; to say that I enjoy the warmth of the sun streaming in through the back porch as the day progresses.

The sight of azaleas bursting open, full of pink flowers, fills every nook and cranny of the yard. Fragrant blooms attract birds and butterflies as our garden awakens from its long winter nap.

The air is crisp without a hint of the humidity that saps one’s energy in the summertime here in the south.

But my muse hasn’t come to visit me today. Yes, I’m at a loss for words. They just won’t flow from my finger tips into the electronic ether.

Oh, but if that sprite would come, I could entertain and enthrall with witty banter.

But instead, my mind is filled with chirping birds, flitting butterflies and pink blossoms.

They distract me so.

So, please come again another day; a rainy day perhaps. Maybe the rain will drive my muse to my side and push away my distractions.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful - now I'm waiting for the day when you feel inspired - that should be awescome you funny bunny, you!

    ReplyDelete